Somewhere between raw white chocolate, bounty bars, rocky road, tablet, and a piece of heaven is this little beauty I whipped up – perfect for Easter gifts or spoiling a special mother this mothers day.. or just for yourself (cos you are so damn worth it).
These last few months it feels like I’ve been super quiet, which is because I’ve been working behind the scenes on an all vegan wholefoods recipe ebook – ridiculously excited to release it soon (check out my other goodies here by the way – they’ll fill you up with so much love and goodness in the mean time).
This recipe is so beautiful, and I’m yet to find someone who doesn’t like it. So rest assured this will go down well with the kids, the adults, the oldies, the fussies, and the “I-don’t-like-healthy-dessert” crowd. It’s that good.
It’s vegan, paleo, nut free, refined sugar free, chewy, melty, delicious, white chocolatey style, SIMPLE, and cheap!!!!!! Plus it’s pretty hard to mess this recipe up. Measurements can be changed, other goodies added, or eat it without any add-ins.
Fear not love, I’ve got your back covered with this simple recipe.
It serves 14 large slices, or 28 more modest pieces (each piece is about 2cms thick, so feel free to make thinner if you want it to be cut in thinner bigger pieces)
- 8 cups shredded coconut (or coconut chips) loosely packed – approx. 400g (opt for organic to ensure no preservatives or oil added)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup raw cacao butter drops
- 1/3 cup mulberries
- 1 tsp sea salt
- In a food processor make coconut butter by adding ONLY the shredded coconut and process until a liquid forms (allow it to still be slightly textured to make this bounty bar style). This will take around 20-30 minutes – stopping and scraping the sides as you go. Be patient. It gets there eventually (you can use this coconut butter for so many other recipes like this cheesecake here).
- Then add the cacao butter and coconut sugar and sea salt and mix till combined. About 1-2 minutes (enough to melt the cacao butter in).
- Pour in to a dish (I used a 9″x9″ glass dish) lined with baking paper and add the mulberries to the top (or any other add ins you like – or simply enjoy it without any add-ins).
- Place in the fridge to set for 45-60 minutes before cutting.
*Wrap them up to give as gifts, pop in jars, or place in the fridge for eating over the next week, or place in the freezer to store for 3 months and remove 30mins before you want to eat them.*
I got all these items from BuyWholeFoodsOnline and they have given me a discount code for you to use to get 10% off it is “catelliott10” to use at checkout – I DO NOT RECEIVE ANY MONEY FROM THIS I simply love this company as the products are delicious, organic, and well priced, and they have in turn given me a code for my readers.
If you liked this, consider having a look at the goodies here, or sharing this on social media, leaving a comment below, or if you make it share it on social media using #catelliottrecipes so I can see your wonderful creations.
With Infinite Love & Blessings to you,