I’m in love with hasselback potatoes. These are so easy to make and are my sneaky treat on cold winter days when you need some comfort food but want to avoid eating junk (plus if you can manage to save a couple these taste brilliant cold the next morning).
These are so tasty, simple, plus the fancier-than-a-standard-roast-potato look makes you look like a kitchen wizard if you’re whipping these up for guests.
As many potatoes as you want or need.
1/2 tsp of coconut oil per potato
Sprinkling of mixed herbs
Few minced cloves of garlic (or other flavour you’d like)
Sea salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Slice potatoes as thin or chunky as you like not cutting all the way through (about 3/4 of the way).
- Rub each potato with a small amount of coconut oil (about 1/4 tsp), sprinkle some mixed herbs, pepper, sea salt, and garlic on top (or any other flavour – apple cider vinegar also goes well for a different version) then roast for 45 minutes till golden.
- The only attention required is once half way through cooking – put about 1/4 tsp of coconut oil on top of each potato and using a fork for any potatoes that need a tiny adjustments help them ‘fan’ out (usually do so on their own).
- Get eating, get happy, and if possible save yourself a totty for the morning.
P.S have you checked this out yet? The food is guaranteed to be amazing.
Sending you happy, healthy, and tasty food vibes.