I’m constantly asked about how to make healthy food, and often get told it takes too long or it’s too much effort.
So lately I’ve been whipping up some fast and simple meals to share with you to help inspire you to eat healthy and keep your bellies full and well (check this pumpkin one , or these delicious buddha bowls, or this stir fry takeaway style dish – or search the recipes tab and find some more inspiration or join this!!)
Whenever I need a really quick dinner, like under 5 minutes, this “recipe” (really it just gets whipped up with whatever is on hand and with no measuring!) is my favourite go to nutritionally rounded dish.
Plus it’s packed with flavour, nutrients, protein, fat, and fibre.
- 2 mushrooms
- 2 eggs (organic if possible)
- spoonful/a good dash of apple cider vinegar
- pinch of mixed herbs
- 3/4 cup (half a carton) of cooked black beans
- A big handful of baby spinach (or other leafy green)
- In a pan on medium to high heat splash a bit of water (2 tbsp), throw in two mushrooms torn up, 2 organic eggs, spoonful of apple cider vinegar (good for digestion – especially helpful when eating beans), good pinch of mixed herbs, the black beans, and big handful of baby spinach.
- Stir and let the eggs cook and the mushrooms soften.
- That will literally take two minutes.
- Then add avocado (or serve with olive oil) and do a quick stir to mix through then serve.
Yes admittedly it isn’t the prettiest dish but it does taste damn good, and it is loaded with so much goodness.
Simple, cheap and quick eating done well!
I can’t wait to share more simple cooking tips and explore raw dessert workshops with the lovely souls in my retreat in May (there’s still spaces so jump in now here!)
So much love and light,