Below is the tastiest, quickest and simplest vegan version of spaghetti bolognese (using zucchini noodles), made in under 5 minutes with all natural and real food ingredients – no bottled sauce required. This sneaky recipe is a little sneak peak into the recipes in the 5 Day clean Eating Detox and Wellness Revolution program.
- 1 zucchini
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup organic lentils (approx. 1/3 of a can drained + rinsed)
- 1/2 cup (approx. 3-4) button mushrooms, diced
- 1 ½ tablespoons organic tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried mixed herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil + a pinch of sea salt (to top)
1. Prepare your zucchini by using a spirallizer to make spaghetti pasta – if you don’t have a spirallizer use a peeler to create long pasta like strips – add this to your bowl raw.
2. In a fry pan on medium-high heat cook the garlic in the ACV for 1 minute, then add the water, lentils, mushrooms, tomato paste, and spices and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Remove from the pan and place on top of the zucchini and serve with the olive oil and sea salt. Enjoy.
How simple was that?!
Healthy eating and living doesn’t need to be hard. Start accepting that!
This originally appeared on MindBodyGreen.